I love this salad from www.bibbyskitchenat36.com, great for lunch time and super healthy too!
For the salad
- 125ml (1/2 cup) bulgur wheat
- 160ml boiling hot vegetable stock
- 200g rosa tomatoes, halved
- 1 mediterranean cucumber
- half a red and yellow pepper, deseeded
- 200g chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 80g feta, cubed
- a large bunch flat leaf parsley, stalks discarded
- a handful of each, mint and rocket
For the dressing
- 45ml olive oil
- 30ml lemon juice
- zest of half a lemon
- a generous pinch of castor sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the bulgur wheat in a heatproof bowl and pour over the stock. The liquid level should just cover the wheat. Cover over with cling film and set aside for at least 10 minutes to allow the wheat to rehydrate. When all the stock has been absorbed, fluff the bulgur with a fork to separate the grains.
- Quarter the cucumber and deseed. Cut the quarters in half again and then into fine dice. Chop the peppers into fine dice. Now, take all three herbs and bundle them up together. Chop into fine shreds and add to the bulgur wheat, along with the cucumber, peppers, chickpeas and tomatoes.
- For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a screw top jar and shake together. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. Check the seasoning and add a little more lemon if you prefer a bit of zing. This salad is best served at room temperature as the flavours will be more prominent.
- BK Handy tip : This salad makes a great packed lunch and summer picnic food. If you like, add some roasted chicken pieces and baby spinach.