Alan Mulally shares ideas he has used in all his business successes and that will work for you at work and at home when you apply them:
- The purpose of life is first to love, then to be loved.
- The purpose of business is to create value for your business, where customers are willing to spend their hard earned money with you.
- First, you must create products and services that have appeal to customers.
- Second, you need to continually improve the products and/or the way the products are delivered to your customers. That way, you can create better margins and ways to make your business more profitable.
- The sequencing of creating a “great cake” is critical: first is the thought; then the item or service; then how to make it better. And the same is true for loving and then being loved. Love first, then be loved.
- To serve others is really to live.
- Working together is critical for creating a successful culture and high impact teams. By working together with others, you can make the greatest contribution to the largest numbers of people.
- Work to have an integrated, impactful life.
- To create great results, start with people first, love them up, and make them feel valued.
- Come together around a compelling vision.
- Get a plan to achieve the vision and stick to it.
- Make sure everyone knows the plan.
- Be relentless in your actions to achieve the vision.
- Leaders are always seeking continuous improvement and are committed to life long learning.
- Make a commitment to get everyone on the team focused on excellence; then get them excited about the vision and working together to make it a reality.
- Once you get a plan that works, you tweak it to get it to be an even better plan.
- Real business success is data driven! What do the numbers say?
Sent with love,