Almond butter and oat snack balls
Makes 12 -14
- 50g (1/4 cup) Natura Sugars Molasses sugar
- 45ml (3 tbls) water
- 30ml (2 tbls) coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45ml (3 tbls) almond butter
- 100g (3/4 cup) whole rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons porridge oats
- 35g (1/3 cup) desiccated coconut
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) of each, sesame seeds and desiccated coconut, for coating
- 100g dark chocolate, melted (optional)
Side note : Add either 2 tablespoons of chopped cranberries and the zest of half an orange, or 2 tablespoons chopped pecan nuts.
- Place the sugar and water in a saucepan. Over a medium heat, bring the syrupy mixture up to a boil and whisk with a balloon whisk to break down any clumps. Once the sugar has dissolved (this should only take several minutes), add the coconut oil and vanilla, then whisk in the almond butter.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the rolled and porridge oats and coconut. At this point, you can mix in the cranberries or nuts, but the oat balls are just as good without.
- Roll into balls while the mixture is still warm, then roll in the coconut or sesame seeds. If dipping in chocolate, omit the sesame seed and coconut coatings. Dip in warm melted chocolate and place on a lined baking sheet until the chocolate hardens.
Thank you bibbyskitchenat36.com for this amazing recipe!