375 ml Arborio rice
1.2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
250 ml finely grated Parmesan or pecorino cheese 45 g butter (45 ml)
Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160oC fan/Gas mark 4.
2. Place the rice and stock into a greased baking or casserole dish; stir to combine.
3. Cover with a lid, or cover tightly with aluminium foil.
4. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until most of the stock is absorbed. The risotto should not to be too dry. 5. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, butter, and the seasoning; serve immediately.
• Start off with the basic baked risotto recipe. You can then add whichever ingredients you like. I generally fry the “extra” ingredients separately, and add them once the basic risotto is cooked.