Both adults and kids love the taste of banana and caramel, so together this is a winner of a dessert.
Serves 6 – 8
1 packet Tennis biscuits
125 g melted butter or margarine (125 ml) 1 x 397 g tin caramelized condensed milk 2 – 3 bananas, not over ripe
Juice of 1 lemon
250 ml cream or low-fat cream
1 small Flaky chocolate bar
- Crush Tennis biscuits using a mini chopper or food processor. Add in melted butter and pulse to mix well.
- Press into a 20 – 22 cm pie plate, up the sides and on the base to form a secure shell. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Spread the tin of caramelized condensed milk over base.
- Slice bananas toss in lemon juice and arrange over caramel.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form, spread over bananas to cover and top with a crushed flaky or sieve over a little powdered cocoa.
- Place unskinned bananas in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over and wait one minute. The skins turn black, remove from water and cool down before peeling. This will stop bananas from discolouring.
- Layer mixture as above in individual dishes; great for portion control.