Makes 1 loaf
- 70g butter, melted and cooled
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 100g (1/2 cup) Natura Sugars Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 2 eggs (xl)
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 3 large over-ripe bananas
- 150g (1 cup) cake wheat flour
- 70g (1/2 cup) wholewheat flour
- 7.5ml (1 1/2 teaspoons) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 40g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- 50g (1/2 cup) walnuts, roughly chopped
Yoghurt cream drizzle
- 80ml (1/3 cup) full cream natural yoghurt
- 20 ml (4 teaspoons) honey
- Preheat the oven to 180º C. Line a 22 x 10 cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, coconut oil, Natura Sugars Muscovado Sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas in a blender. Pulse to combine. The mixture should be smooth and the sugar, incorporated.
- Sift the cake wheat flour, wholewheat flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl. Add the coconut to the flour and mix in. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and fold through.
- Transfer the batter to the tin and smooth over. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and scatter the walnuts on top. Bake for 50 minutes. Check for doneness before removing from the oven. Cool on a wire rack before unmoulding.
- For the drizzle, whisk together the yoghurt and honey. Pour over the cooled loaf just before serving.
Thank you Bibbys Kitchen @ 36 for this amazing recipe! Have a look at their website for great inspiration: www.bibbyskitchenat36.com