Our real blessings often appear to us in the shape of pains, losses and disappointments; but let us have patience
and we soon shall see them in their proper figures.” ~ Joseph Addison.
What if one day you woke up and decided that you were tired of feeling tired and that you had enough of everything?
Enough of stress and anxiety, enough of anger and resentment, enough of struggle, lack, pain and poverty,
enough of tears, heartbreaks, self destructive thoughts, behaviors and relationships and enough of all that is negative and toxic?
What if you decided that you wanted to change yourself and your life but didn’t know where exactly to start, what then
There are many things you can do to begin rebuilding your life and make it ridiculously amazing and today I will share
with you 12 things that are meant to help you do just that.
Are you ready? Let’s begin:
1. Make a commitment to yourself
- I (name), Make a commitment to myself,
- To spend so much time improving myself and my life that I have no time for worry, judgement, criticism, whining and complaining;
- To forgive, release and let go of my attachment to any past struggles and allow every challenge life sends my way to
make me better not bitter.
- Starting now, I make a commitment to let go of what’s behind me and start appreciating what’s in front of me;
- To let go of all the pointless drama, all the toxic relationships, thoughts and behaviors that are present in my life and to constantly shift my focus from the bad on to the good;
- To make room in my heart for love, happiness, peace and tranquility and to create my life from a place of infinite
- choices and possibilities – the present moment, and no longer from a place of limitations – the past.
- I commit to staying true to myself at all times and to never betray myself just so I can please other people.
- I commit myself to give up on toxic thoughts, behaviors and relationships but never on myself and my dreams.
- Starting now, and starting today, I will begin rebuilding my life and make it ridiculously amazing.
- Once you truly commit to rebuilding your life and making it ridiculously amazing, nothing and no one will be able to
- stand in your way.
2. Forgive, release and let go of past hurts and resentments
- Fill your heart with love.
- Forgive, release and let go.
- Not necessary because those who mistreated you deserve it, but because you do. Let forgiveness liberate you from your past.
- Allow it to take away all the resentment you kept in heart for all this time and allow yourself to fill in that empty space with love, inner peace and compassion.
- If others mistreated you in the past it doesn’t mean you have to continue their work. Look how beautiful Mark Twain
talks about this:
- “Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.”
- Release and let go of all the negativity from your life.
- Start small and trust that as you work on letting go of all the extra baggage that is weighting you down, you will begin to feel lighter and you will gain a lot more clarity over your life. You will feel happier and more at peace with yourself and the world around you.
3. Embrace with grace all that you face.
- Shift your focus from the bad on to the good, from the pain on to the gain, from resentment on to the forgiveness,
gratitude and appreciation. Learn to embrace with grace all that you face.
- Appreciate everything life sends your way, whether good or bad and know that “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings
peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~Melody Beattie
4. Visualize your achievements and create your destiny.
- Ask yourself the same question I asked myself a few years ago when I decided to let go of my attachment to my past and begin rebuild my whole life: “If there were no limits to what I can do, be and have, how would my life look like?”
- Let your imagination run wild. Dare to dream big. Don’t settle for less than you are worth.
- The richer your imagination, the more beautiful your life will be.
- “The power of imagination is incredible. Often we see athletes achieving unbelievable results and wonder how they did it.
- One of the tools they use is visualization or mental imagery… they made the choice to create their destinies and
visualized their achievements before they ultimately succeeded.” ~ George Kohlrieser
- See in your mind’s eye the life you would love to live, the person you would love to become and the relationships you would want to have. Live your life from the end and act as if all of the things you need and desire are already present in your life.
- Feel the feelings that come from having all those wonderful things happen to you and allow those feelings to be with you at all times.
5. Dreams won’t work unless you do
- Act upon your heart’s desire. Do the things you need to do in order to get where you want to get. Read the books you need to read, contact the people you need to contact, build the skills you need to build.
- Find a mentor. Dare to ask questions. Do whatever it takes to move yourself closer to making your dreams come true.
- Trust that with every step you take, your life situation will improve and you will become even more happier than you already are.
6. Take one step at a time.
- Because of the many years of past conditioning and the intense training you have in holding on to toxic thoughts, behaviors and unhealthy relationships, giving up on all that is toxic in your life won’t be easy and it won’t happen overnight.
- Chances are that you won’t see major improvements in your life immediately, and that’s okay. Be patient and gentle with yourself while working on rebuilding your life and remember to enjoy the journey.
- “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” ~ Greg Anderson
- Take one step at a time and keep in mind that a journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.
7. Develop a deep trust in life.
You have to have faith. You have to have trust… Trust in yourself, trust in the people you interact with and trust in
Put your fears aside. Allow yourself to be vulnerable.
Develop a deep trust in the wisdom of life. “Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain,
‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” ~ Matthew 17:20
8. Give yourself permission to “fail”
- Give yourself permission to “fail” and make “mistakes”.
- Trust me when I tell you that in every “mistake” there is a lesson to learn, lesson that will be very beneficial to you as you continue walking on your life’s chosen path.
- “There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they’re necessary to reach the places we’ve chosen to go.” ~ Richard Bach
9. Be good to yourself
- Love yourself and be good to yourself because if you do, the world around you will start mirroring your behavior. Take good care of your mind, body, heart and soul.
- Exercise, drink plenty of water, eat healthy and delicious food.
- Nurture good thoughts. Act in compassionate and loving ways, towards yourself and the world around you. Spend time alone, spending at least 5 to 10 minutes per day in silence would make you help make you feel refreshed, rejuvenated and
- Go outside. Spend some time in nature. Look at the plants, the sky, the stars, the moon and the trees. Celebrate the
miracle of life.
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a
miracle.” ~ Albert Einstein
10. Give up living your life to other people’s expectations
- Way too many people are living a life that is not theirs to live. They live their lives according to what others think
is best for them, they live their lives according to what their parents think is best for them, to what their friends, their enemies and their teachers, their government and the media think is best for them. They ignore their inner voice, that inner calling.
- They are so busy with pleasing everybody, with living up to other people’s expectations, that they lose control over their lives.
- They forget what makes them happy, what they want, what they need….and eventually they forget about themselves.
- Never get your sense of worth from outside yourself. Your worth comes from inside yourself and not from forces outside yourself – people, events, material possessions.
- Don’t ever let other people tell you how much you’re worth, decide for yourself.
- It’s called self worth not others worth.
- You have one life – this one right now – you must live it, own it, and especially don’t let other people’s opinions distract you from your path.
11. Discipline your mind to stay present in the NOW
- Learn to be present and engaged in the present moment.
- Be happy with what you have, what you know and who you are right now.
- Don’t allow your mind to trick you into thinking that you won’t be happy until you get where you want to get.
- Appreciate what’s in front of you. If you learn how to be present and engaged in the NOW, you will live a very happy
- and content life and no matter how many challenges life will send your way, you will become a better not bitter person.
- “As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and
- When you act out the present-moment awareness, whatever you do becomes imbued with a sense of quality, care, and love – even the most simple action.” ~ Eckhart Tolle,
12. Surround yourself with loving and supportive people.
- Surround yourself with positive, cheerful, supportive and loving people. People who can lift you up when you are feeling down; people who will turn on the light for you when you are in the dark; people who can see you for what you truly are and who you can truly become. Take the advice of
- Mark Twain and “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”
- You need positive and loving friends who will support you in your new way of life…
- Commit yourself to making the best of everything life sends your way. Be soft and flexible. Go with the flow of life and no longer against it.
- Enjoy the ride and no matter what happens to you and no matter how many challenges and difficult people life might send your way, know that they are all there to help you grow and evolve into the beautiful being you so much want and deserve to be.
- You only have one life to live. Make it a memorable one.
- Give up on all the toxicity present in your life but never on yourself and your dreams, ok?
“The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.” ~ Don Williams Jr.