A creamy blueberry banana smoothie that tastes just like a slice of blueberry pie! Healthy and high in protein, it will keep you full all morning.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 medium banana, cut into slices and frozen (about 1/3 cup sliced or 50 g)
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Optional: 1/2 scoop unflavored or vanilla protein powder (if using vanilla, reduce amount of vanilla extract to 1/4 teaspoon)
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Place the blueberries, bananas, Greek yogurt, oats, almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, almond milk, and protein powder (if using) in your blender and puree until smooth. If the smoothie seems too thick, add more almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency. Taste and add maple syrup for sweetness as desired. Enjoy immediately.
Sent with Love