How amazing does this cake look? Another winner from my favourite site www.bibbyskitchenat36.com.
Brazilian carrot cake from Genius Desserts
Makes one generous bundt
- 300g carrots (about 3 large), scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 180ml (3/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses sugar (or dark treacle)
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 5ml (1 teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh cream
- 15ml (1 tablespoon) butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a large 2 L bundt tin.
- Place all the ingredients in the Greenis blender, starting with the carrots and ending with the dry ingredients. Blitz until completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the tin and tap light to remove air bubbles. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for at least 20 minutes before turning out. Make sure the cake is completely cool before glazing with chocolate.
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate, cream and butter together. Drizzle over the cake and allow to firm up slightly before slicing.
Note: If making two smaller bundts, bake for 40-45 minutes. Please note, as bundt tins vary vastly in width and depth, baking times might need adjusting. Always test for doneness with a skewer before removing from the oven.