- 3 large brinjals 1 cm thick, sliced
- 30ml olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15ml Robertson’s Origanum
- 1 400g tin plum tomatoes
- 1 x KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 large handful fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 80g parmesan cheese, grated (or Cheddar)
- 80g dried breadcrumbs
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat and fry the brinjal slices for 2 minutes on each side, until golden. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and Robertsons Origanum and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and Knorr Vegetable
- Stock Pot and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in the fresh basil and Parmesan.
- In baking dish, layer the brinjals on the bottom, followed by the tomato sauce. Repeat until the brinjals and sauce are all used.
- Top the bake with Mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with a fresh green salad.
BETTER FOR YOU TIPS: For a wholesome twist to this dish sauté a punnet of sliced button mushrooms when cooking your onions.
Sent with Love