- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Approx 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
How to Make It
- First, prepare your tofu. Like most vegan tofu recipes, this one will taste best if you press the tofu first. Not sure how to do that? See this easy step-by-step guide: How to press tofu.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Chop the broccoli, dice the onion, and mince the garlic.
- In a large skillet, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until the onions turn clear, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu, ginger, cayenne, and broccoli to the pan and continue to cook until broccoli is done, another 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornstarch, soy sauce, and water, then add this mixture to the broccoli and tofu.
- Cook until sauce thickens, then remove from heat.
- Serve the broccoli and tofu in garlic sauce over rice or whole grains and enjoy.
- This recipe is lovely served hot. You can also refrigerate the leftovers to reheat the next day for lunch or dinner.
Sent with Love