Serves 6 – 8
6 x sheets phyllo pastry
Olive oil to brush pastry
3 medium eggs
250 g crème fraiche
50 ml cream
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
150 g broccoli, cut into small florets
75 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
100 g green beans, sliced
100 g feta cheese, crumbled
45 ml fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/Gas mark 4.
2. Brush the top of one sheet of phyllo pastry with olive oil and line the base of a 20 cm loose-bottomed cake tin, oiled side down.
3. Allow the excess of the pastry to fall over the sides of the tin.
4. Repeat with remaining phyllo pastry sheets, making sure there are no gaps in the pastry.
5. Beat eggs, crème fraiche, cream and seasoning together.
6. Arrange vegetables over pastry.
7. Pour the egg mixture over and sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil.
8. Crumple down overhanging pastry inside the tin above the surface of the filling.
9. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 40 – 45 minutes until golden brown and filling is set. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before removing from springform tin.
10. Serve warm with green salad or a crispy bread roll.
• Use broad beans or asparagus cuts instead of green beans. • Serve cold at room temperature