In the shops at the moment there is the most fantastic selection of exotic tomatoes. The classic Caprese Salad may be spiced up by using fresh, simple ingredients, giving it a modern twist. This is a really delicious, simple starter that we love to make. Serves 2
1 x yellow tomato, sliced
1 x green tomato, sliced
1 x red tomato, sliced
1 ball buffalo mozzarella cheese, torn into pieces Two sprigs fresh basil
Drizzle of olive oil
Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Choose pretty serving plates. Layer the exotic tomatoes, starting with a slice of yellow tomato.
- Top this with a piece of mozzarella cheese.
- Next, place a slice of green tomato, followed again by mozzarella, and lastly a slice of red tomato on top of the pile. Your stack should sit firmly in place.
- Top with a sprig of fresh basil.
- Drizzle over a little olive oil, and season according to taste.