Caprese Stuffed Garlic Butter Portobellos!
Garlic butter portobello mushrooms stuffed and grilled with fresh mozzarella cheese, grape tomato slices and drizzled with a rich balsamic glaze! Low carb, healthy and perfect to enjoy for lunch, dinner or as a filling snack!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 56 large Portobello Mushrooms , stem removed, washed and dried thoroughly with a paper towel
- 56 fresh mozzarella cheese balls , sliced thinly
- 1 cup grape (or cherry) tomatoes, sliced thinly
- fresh basil , shredded to garnish
Balsamic Glaze: (you can use store bought)
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Flip and brush any remaining garlic over the insides of each cap. Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.