- 30g butter
- 45ml soft brown sugar
- 5ml Woolworth’s balsamic vinegar
- 500g Woolworth’s cherry tomatoes
- 15ml freshly chopped origanum/marjoram or basil
- 300g frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/gas mark 7
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, which has an ovenproof handle.
- Add sugar and vinegar and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until mixture starts to caramelize.
- Add cherry tomatoes and chopped origanum or basil and stir.
- Roll out the pastry on lightly floured surface (not too thin 3mm is perfect) and cut slightly larger than the size of the frying pan. Place pastry on top of tomatoes. Ensure that sides are tucked into the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out into serving plate ensuring tomatoes are on top.
Sent with Love