- 1 large heads cauliflower (about 3 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Remove outer leaves from the cauliflower. Carefully trim stem end, leaving core intact so florets are still attached.
- Turn cauliflower head core side down; using a chef knife or large serrated knife and cut cauliflower vertically into four 1- to 1 1/4- inch-thick "steaks" (reserve ends and loose pieces for another use).
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, olive oil and parmesan cheese. Roast, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.