Serves 4 – 6
1 punnet Rosa baby tomatoes
25 ml olive oil
Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper 5 ml Italian herbs, or garlic and herb mix 1 small lettuce, washed and shredded
1 x 250 g container cream cheese
80 – 100 ml basil or red pepper pesto
60 ml flaked almonds, toasted
30 ml finely chopped parsley
3 sprigs fresh basil
- Preheat oven to180oC/160oC fan/Gas mark 4.
- Place tomatoes into a small roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper and Italian or garlic herbs.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce on a flat platter and place the unwrapped packet of cream cheese in the centre of the platter.
- Place roasted tomatoes in their juices around the cream cheese.
- Stir basil or red pepper pesto lightly and drizzle over the cheese.
- Next, sprinkle with some toasted almonds.
- Lastly, garnish the tomatoes with parsley, and a few fresh basil leaves.
- Serve with sliced French bread or ciabatta bread, bruschetta, Melba toast, or biscuits.
• Add 60 g sun-dried tomatoes to the fresh tomatoes after completing step 3. This gives a different texture and flavour to the recipe.