This is my recipe for today from ASDA Good Living;
- 1tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing and brushing
- ¼tsp apple cider vinegar
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1tsp frozen Scratch Cook Chopped Garlic
- 1tbsp chopped basil, plus whole leaves to garnish
- 1tsp fresh herbs
- ¼tsp chilli powder
- 3 beef tomatoes, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 red onion, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 large courgette, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 large aubergine, sliced 1cm thick
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Lightly grease a small rectangular ovenproof dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar and chopped tomatoes. Stir in the garlic, chopped basil, herbs, chilli powder and a grind of black pepper. Pour into the ovenproof dish and smooth into an even layer.
- Arrange the vegetable slices in neat rows, with alternating colours – try tomato, onion, courgette, aubergine, then repeat. You may find it easier to build 3-4 evenly sized stacks from all the veg, then place them side by side in the dish. Don’t cram them in too tightly – the slices should spread out slightly and rest against each other at an angle when put in the dish.
- Spray or brush the tops of the veg slices with a tiny amount of oil, to encourage them to turn golden in the oven. This is more for appearance, so feel free to skip this step, if you prefer.
- Bake for 1 hr, until the sauce is bubbling hot and the veggies are tender.
- Serve garnished with extra basil.
Sent with Love