Since we are on the Paleo kick, this recipe is great for a Banting lifestyle. This recipe differs from the normal Hummus in that there are no chickpeas in the ingredients, making for a starch-free appetizer.
Makes 500 g
- 500 g courgettes, washed and cut into chunks
- 25 ml olive oil
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 60 ml tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 60 ml olive oil
- 3 ml Himalayan salt
- 3 ml ground cumin
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan/ Gas mark 4.
- Toss the courgettes in 25 ml olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for approximately 25 – 30 minutes until golden brown and soft.
- Place into the food processor which has been fitted with the double-knife stainless-steel blade and all the remaining ingredients.
- Process until a smooth purée is formed.
- Place into a serving dish and drizzle over a small amount of olive oil prior to serving.
Serve with Nutty Crackers.