When there are just two of you, you look for something quick and easy to prepare, something which is nutritious as well as tasty. Look no further: this fish dish ticks all the boxes. This recipe is gluten-free, which is great when serving to gluten-intolerant guests.
- 2 large fillets rm, white sh, such as hake or dorado Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 100 ml freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 75 g ground almonds (very finely ground) (125 ml) 25 ml finely grated lemon rind
- 65g almond or rice our (125 ml)
- Oil for frying
- 250 g watercress
- Cut each fillet into 4 – 6 equal-sized pieces. Season to taste, and set aside.
- Whisk egg until light and foamy. Add Parmesan cheese and ground almonds; combine. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Add lemon rind.
- Place fish into the 65 g almond or rice flour; toss to coat well.
- Dip fish into the batter and coat thickly.
- Place oil into a deep-fat fryer, or suitable pan over a moderate heat. Heat the oil.
- Add a few pieces of fish at a time, so as not to reduce the temperature of the oil too rapidly.
- Fry for approximately 3 minutes per side or 6 minutes in total.
- Drain on paper towels; season to taste, if necessary. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Keep cooked fish warm until all the fish has been prepared.
- Serve fish with watercress and an avocado and mango salad or salsa.
- Buy almond or rice flour at a health-food shop, or in the health-food section of a large supermarket store.
- Grind your own almond flour, by placing blanched almonds in an electric coffee grinder or spice grinder.
Sent with Love