Love is in the air when you make these biscuits. Their delicate flavour is fantastic as a tea-time or after-dinner treat. They store really well; and make the perfect gift for Valentine’s Day!
Makes approximately 50 – 60 bis
- 170 ml spray-free rose petals, torn into small pieces 250 g butter, softened (250 ml)
- 100 g icing sugar (200 ml)
- 10 ml rose water
- 280 g cake our (500 ml)
- 65 g corn our (130 ml), or rice our 20 ml finely chopped, fresh rosemary
- Carefully rinse and dry the rose petals.
- In the bowl of an electric food mixer cream the butter, icing sugar and rose water, until very light and fluffy.
- Sift in flour and corn our or rice flour; add rose petals and rosemary. Stir until just combined.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead gently, until the mixture just comes together.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll out dough to roughly 1 cm thick.
- Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut desired shapes. Transfer to baking-paper-lined baking trays. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, if possible.\
- Preheat oven to 160oC/140oC fan/Gas mark 3.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until light golden. Be aware that the baking time will depend on the size and shape of your shortbread.
- Check regularly; once biscuits start to colour, remove from the oven.
- Cool on baking trays. Dust with extra icing sugar to serve.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Use 30 ml lavender flowers, instead of the rosemary.
Sent with Love