Prep Time: 1 hour (depending on how you cook your sweet potatoes!)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1 ¼ cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg
- Salt and pepper can be added to taste
- Also make use of your favourite herbs for a bolder flavour
- Bake the potatoes for 1 hour at 200°C, or use any other method from boiling to microwaving to soften and mash the potatoes.
- In a medium size bowl combine the mashed potatoes with the egg and the flour. Mix until dough is formed.
- Shape the gnocchi into little pillowy shapes, about the size of your thumb. Use a fork to give the gnocchi a slight indentation. This will help them cook better.
- Once gnocchi are shaped, cook them in boiling water just as you would cook pasta – but in this case you’ll know they’re done when they float to the top
- Optional: Sauté for crispiness
- Serve with your favourite pasta sauce and freshly grated cheese.
Sent with Love