- 1/2 cup smooth nut butter of choice (I used homemade nutella)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used standard but tried it with dark and it’s AMAZING)
- 3 large eggs (see notes for tested vegan directions)
- 1/2cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Marscapone Cheese
- 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- Melted dairy free chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Grease a muffin tray generously with oil and set aside.
- In a high speed blender, food processor or even by hand, mix together your nut butter, cocoa powder and eggs (or flax egg mixure) until thick and fully incorporated. Add granulated sweetener of choice if desired.
- Pour mixture to fill each muffin tin to the top (there is no baking powder so they won’t rise much) and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until just cooked in the centre- You want it to still be very moist, almost undercooked. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan completely.
- Combine the icing sugar, cream cheese and marscapone cheese until smooth. Pour over muffins and serve.