FRENCH TOAST STICKS
If you are looking for the perfect appliances to make this fantastic recipe, check out a range that we suggest:
Philips Avance Air Fryer – https://bit.ly/2GAZ2Ho
- 4 slices slightly stale thick bread, such as Texas toast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- parchment paper
- Cut each slice of bread into thirds to make sticks. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Preheat air fryer to 360 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Stir together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl until well combined. Dip each piece of bread into egg mixture, making sure each piece is well submerged. Shake each bread stick to remove excess liquid and place in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook in batches, if necessary, to avoid overcrowding the fryer.
- Cook for 5 minutes, turn bread pieces, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Dry your bread out first so you don’t end up having your bread fall apart during the soaking process. Serve with your favorite French toast toppings, such as powdered sugar, a sugar and cinnamon mix, or syrup.