Sometimes simple is best! Try this delightful fresh and fruity dessert which is not calorie laden.
250 g fresh strawberries, hulled Juice and rind of l lime
375 ml Greek yoghurt
60 ml soft brown sugar
Fresh fruit such as pineapple, melon, kiwi fruit, mango, peaches, pears, nectarines or any combination of fruit cut into chunks
- Place strawberries into a bowl. Using a plunge blender, purée the fruit, then pass through a sieve to make a smooth purée.
- Add in lime juice and rind, thick yoghurt and brown sugar.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Make fresh fruit kebabs by arranging the various fruit chunks alternately on small skewers.
- Serve fruit kebabs alongside strawberry sauce.
- Instead of kebabs, arrange fruit attractively on a platter with the dipping sauce on the side.
- Strain 500 ml ordinary plain yoghurt into a large sieve which has been lined with cheesecloth, or use a paper coffee filter over a bowl. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Transfer drained yoghurt into a bowl and you now have home-made Greek yoghurt!
- Make a second sauce of mascarpone cheese, mixed with a small knob of grated fresh ginger, grated rind of one lemon and 50 ml honey. Mix well together and serve with fresh fruit.