Super garlicky cheese and tomato toasts are very popular. This recipe makes a great starter or snack.
- 8 slices Italian bread, each about 15/25cm thick Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 8 paper-thin slices Parmesan cheese
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 10 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ml balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste 15 ml nely chopped fresh basil
- Brush or spray the bread slices on both sides with the oil.
- Grill the bread on one side over direct low heat in the Weber (120° C to 180° C), with the lid closed, until toasted, for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a work surface with the toasted sides facing up.
- Rub the toasted sides vigorously with the garlic clove. Place a slice of cheese on top of each.
- Grill over direct low heat, with the lid closed, until the cheese melts slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the bread to a plate.
- In a small bowl, toss the chopped tomatoes with the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the toasted bread slices with the tomato mixture and garnish with basil. 8. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Equipment: Pastry brush, sharp knife, scissors, small bowl, spoons, chopping board, serving plate, oven gloves, tasting cups and spoons. Weber char-basket charcoal holders (for indirect cooking) Weber charcoal briquettes and firelighters
Weber drip pans large Or Weber genesis or summit range of gas braai’s.
Sent with Love