- 1 Medium Butternut Squash, peeled, cored and diced
- 10g Ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and cut in quarters
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Bird Eye Chilli
- 1 Litre Vegetable Stock
- 130ml Olive Oil
- 80ml Pumpkin Oil
- 50g Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- 1 Bunch Baby Watercress
2. Set the timer on the Soup Maker for 20 minutes and the heat setting to ‘SIMMER’.
3. Pour in 50ml of olive oil and heat for around 1 minute.
4. Add the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic, attach the lid and increase the heat to ‘SAUTE’ for 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
5. Add the vegetable stock and increase the heat to ‘HIGH’, cooking for 2 minutes. Remove the lid, add the butternut squash and leave to cook for 15 minutes, Stir occasionally.
6. Season with salt and pepper and blend on setting 2 for approx. 2 minutes or until you have reached your desired consistency.
7. Serve into 4 bowls and drizzle each with olive and pumpkin oil then top with pumpkin seeds and watercress.