Gluten free zucchini and basil pesto seed bread
I love this recipe from www.bibbyskitchenat36.com, so I thought I would share with you!
Yields 1 loaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 300g (about 2 cups), zucchini, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons super green basil pesto [url href=”https://www.bibbyskitchenat36.com/the-ultimate-green-basil-pesto-pasta/” target=”_blank”](I use this recipe)[/url]
- 1 cup almond flour (ground almonds)
- 60ml psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds, (pumpkin, flax seeds, sunflower and sesame), whole
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds, ground in a processor until fine
- 10ml baking powder
- 5ml salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek Yoghurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds, for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 180 º C. Grease and line a 28cm bread pan with baking paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the zucchini until all the water has evaporated. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Stir through the basil pesto and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, husk, whole and ground seeds, baking powder, salt and parmesan.
- Add the eggs and Greek yoghurt to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Lastly, add the cooled zucchini and stir through.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, top with a handful of seeds and bake for 55 -60 minutes until golden and cooked through.