Granola choco-nut super bars
I love this recipe from Bibbys Kitchen at 36, visit her page at www.bibbyskitchenat36.com for more amazing goodies!
- 300g (2 cups) vegan granola, or other preferred type
- 60g (1/2 cup) sunflower seeds, toasted
- 70g (1/2 cup) pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 50g (1/2 cup) pecan nuts, toasted
- 30ml (3 tbls) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- 180g (12 large) Medjool dates, pitted
- 15ml (1 tbls) maple syrup
- 60ml (4 tbls) Lemcke coconut oil, melted
- 30ml (2 tbls) hot water
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate (70%), melted
- 45g (1/3 cup) almonds slithers, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with parchment paper. Extend the paper on opposite ends by 4cm to create ‘handles’ which makes lifting the chocolate slab out, easier.
- Place the granola, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pecan nuts, cocoa, cinnamon and salt in a processor. Blitz until to a coarse breadcrumb texture. Tip the granola into a mixing bowl.
- Add the dates to the processor and blend until broken down and sticky. Add the maple syrup, coconut oil, hot water, vanilla and melted chocolate. Pulse once more to combine.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the granola, along with the almonds and cranberries. Mix thoroughly until the granola is evenly coated.
- Tip the mixture into the tin and press down firmly to compact. Chill for at least 2 hours. Loosen the sides with a smooth-bladed knife and transfer the slab to a wooden board.
- Slice into bars. Store the Granola choc-nut bars in the fridge in an airtight container.