This week we are reflecting on Stephen Covey’s 4th powerful habit of highly successful managers: think win-win
Win-win is a frame of mind & heart that constantly seeks mutual benefit in all human interactions. Win-win means that solutions or agreements benefit all parties involved, ensuring everyone feels good about the vision / decision & that everyone is committed to the action plan. Mutual co-operation & collaboration is key.
A person or organization with a win-win attitude possesses three vital character traits:
1. Integrity: sticking with your true feelings, values, and commitments
2. Maturity: expressing your ideas and feelings with courage and consideration for the ideas and feelings of others
Abundance Mentality: believing there is plenty for everyone
When setting a vision for your team, please ensure they understand the bigger picture… the benefit for themselves in their own career & specific department, benefit for the branch & fellow team members, benefit for the organisation, benefit for the customer, benefit for the suppliers, benefit for the contractors etc…
Habit 1: Be Proactive
- Take responsibility for life.
Habit 2: Begin with the end in mind.
- Define your mission and goals in life.
Habit 3: Put first things first.
- Prioritize and do the most important things first.
Habit 4: Think Win-Win.
- Have an “everyone can win” attitude
Habit 5: Seek first to understand than to be understood.
- Listen to people sincerely.
Habit 6: Synergy.
- Work together to achieve more.
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw.
- Renew yourself regularly.
Sent with Love