One could say you’re a “timepiece dime piece.”
(That’s what all the kids are saying these days, right?)
Trying to identify your body type can be one tricky task. Tape measures, celebrity photos, and mathematical equations are all a bit much if you ask us. We’re here to help you define your body type by keeping it simple. Instead of focusing on the archaic do’s and don’ts of dressing, we’ve focused on the value of flattering your body type with pieces that will become your body’s new best friends (if they aren’t acquaintances already). We like to think of these tips more as guidelines because let’s face it, life is too short to not break the rules once in a while.
The Hourglass Body Shape
You have a well-defined waist, and your chest and hips are about the same width.
Hourglass Outfit Ideas
A seam or tie detail that defines the waist makes a higher neckline work for your shape. An adjustable tie is an added bonus as it allows you to adjust your top for your own personal comfort.
Slim, straight trousers with a touch of stretch keep proportions balanced. If you’re in need of a more formal option, a sleek wrap dress is a perfect solution. To define your waist further, add a belt for a finishing touch.
High-waist skinnies that hit at your natural waist are both flattering and comfortable. Feel free to front-tuck your top for added emphasis on your killer waistline.
Even looser wrap tops highlight a narrow waist, rather than hiding your curves. For a creative alternative, try wrapping your favorite plaid button-down around the waist over a simple tee for a look that screams low-key and laid-back.
Your Body’s BFFs
• Wrap tops and dresses highlight your amazing waist without adding extra volume to your bust.
• Cropped jackets and fitted blazers naturally draw attention to your waist without full-on cinching it in.
• Whether you choose a structured fabric or a relaxed knit, body-hugging silhouettes like fitted tops and sweaters are essentials for dressing your shape.
• If you haven’t picked up on it yet, your waist is phenomenal! Take advantage of any tops, jackets, or dresses that cinch at the waist and accentuate your hourglass shape.
• Open necklines, especially v-neck or scoop, draw attention to your stunning facial features while visually elongating your figure.
• High waisted denim and leggings will become your go-to bottoms. Opt for pieces that sit just above or right at the belly button for the perfect fit.
• A pencil skirt is a must-have in your wardrobe. They can easily be dressed up or down and are ultra-flattering for your figure.
• Not feeling a super-fitted bottom? Try out a slim, straight trouser. They’re elongating without clinging to your every curve.
Thank you blog.wantable.com for this fabulous article!