|Here i want to share a few things in life that apply to anyone who is a speaker, in sales, is a parent or leader.
1. There are 2 Things that will create more influence and money
1. Your ability to communicate verbally
2. Your ability to communicate with the written word
Regardless of what you do I will submit these are 2 skill sets we can always improve and that will always pay a dividend. And the more you practice the better you will get.
2. Get in the habit of using stories and analogies (they stick in the mind).
My mentor and 18 year biz partner, Jim Rohn was the master of this. Even in weaving in his personal philosophy (including political or religious) he would use 3rd party stories with a few comments along the way.
Learn to tells stories verses facts and your opinions.
3. Selling and Speaking are simple. Find the people that control the budget and get to them.
So simple, yet so true. And when you find them, then ask a whole lot of them to buy.
And if you say the right things and ask the right questions your odds go way up!
4. Talk about how they will feel. Talk Results and Feelings, not Features.
No one cares about the features, they care about the results and feeling they will have.
Anytime you talk about a feature (a mistake) you can catch yourself and say what that means to them (name 3 benefits).
There are many more – watch this space!!
Sent with love