A sort of inside-out pizza that the whole family will enjoy. Use more of one ingredient and less of others if desired. Add in your favourite ingredient.
- 500 g best-quality frozen puff pastry, thawed 2 onions, peeled and thinly sliced
15 ml sunflower oil
1 x 200 g tin corn kernels, drained
- 1 ball mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
15 ml fresh or 5 ml dried oregano
1⁄2 x 410 g tin chopped tomatoes
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 180oC/160o fan/Gas mark 4.
- Roll 2/3rds of pastry out on a lightly-floured surface and line a pie dish.
- Sauté onions in oil for 3 – 4 minutes until translucent. Drain well.
- Place corn, cooled onions, cheese, oregano, and tomatoes into the pastry base.
- Season to taste.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit pie dish. Wet edges of pastry in dish and cover with pastry lid. Seal edges. Poke a small hole in the middle for steam to escape.
- Brush with beaten egg. Place pie onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until golden brown and well risen.