“I never think of myself as an icon. What is in other people’s minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn was one of the most beautiful, most humble and most loving beings to ever walk the earth. A role model for women and girls all over the world, me including. And because I believe there is still so much to learn from this wonderful woman, I decided to gather some of her most inspiring quotes and share them with you as 26 life changing lessons to learn
from Audrey Hepburn.
1. Pick the day. Enjoy it.
- “Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come… The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
- “If my world were to cave in tomorrow, I would look back on all the pleasures, excitements and worthwhileness I have been lucky enough to have had. Not the sadness, not my miscarriages or my father leaving home, but the joy of everything else. It will have been enough.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
2. Accept life unconditionally.
- “I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to
accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
3. Tomorrow is another day.
- “I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles” ~ Audrey Hepburn
4. When opportunities come along, you have to grab them.
- “I’ve been lucky. Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.” ~Audrey Hepburn
5. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says
- ‘I’m possible’!”
- “I probably hold the distinction of being one movie star who, by all laws of logic, should never have made it. At each stage of my career, I lacked the experience.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
- “I was asked to act when I couldn’t act. I was asked to sing ‘Funny Face’ when I couldn’t sing, and dance with Fred Astaire when I couldn’t dance – and do all kinds of things I wasn’t prepared for. Then I tried like mad to cope with it.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
6. If you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm.
- “Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand:
- The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
7. Living is like tearing through a museum.
- “Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering – because you can’t take it in all at once.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
8. We’re all ONE world.
- “The ‘Third World’ is a term I don’t like very much because we’re all one world. I want people to know that the largest part of humanity is suffering.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
9. People, even more than things have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
- “People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”~Audrey Hepburn
10. Laughter cures a multitude of ills.
- “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.” ~ Audrey Hepburn
sent with love