Serves 4 – 6
15 ml olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 spring onions, finely chopped
300 g button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
15 ml fresh or 5 ml dried thyme
4 x 80 g punnets baby-spinach leaves (320 g in total)
300 g lower-in-fat cottage cheese (light)
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
2 ml ground nutmeg
9 lasagne sheets
60 ml grated Parmesan cheese or 120 ml light mozzarella cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan/Gas mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté garlic and spring onions for a minute; add in mushrooms and thyme
and cook a further 3 minutes.
3. Add spinach leaves and stir-fry until they are wilted. Remove from heat.
4. Add cottage cheese and mix to blend into vegetables. Season to taste; add in nutmeg.
5. Place ¼ of the mixture on the base of a rectangular or square ovenproof container. Top with three lasagne
sheets. Sprinkle over a little cheese.
6. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of the mushroom and spinach mixture.
7. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes until the lasagne is soft and the mixture is bubbling.
9. Serve with a green salad.
• Add 60 g chopped peppadews to spinach mixture in step 4.