Our very good friends Beth and Dmitri always bring the most wonderful gifts, whether they come for dinner or for lunch. For my birthday one year, they brought an enormous bag of macadamia nuts. We combined macadamia nuts with some apples and made the most delicious apple crumble.
Serves 4 – 6
- 200 g butter (200 ml) (divided)
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced 500 ml unsalted, plain macadamia nuts
- 30 ml granulated sugar
- 40 ml golden brown sugar
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/160oC fan/Gas mark 4
- Choose a suitable dish in which to bake the crumble in. Place 50 g butter (50 ml) into the dish; melt in the microwave oven on 100% power, for 2 minutes.
- Place apple slices into the butter; bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place macadamia nuts and 30 ml granulated sugar into a food processor fitted with the double-knife stainless-steel blade.
- Pulse the nuts until they resemble fine crumbs, add in 150 g cubed butter, and pulse again to mix.
- Remove the apples from the oven; sprinkle the macadamia nut mixture over, and top with golden brown sugar.
- Return to the oven; bake for a further 20 – 25 minutes.
- If necessary, place under a grill for a minute or two, until top becomes golden brown.
- Serve warm, with big dollops of mascarpone cheese.
Sent with Love