Ever-popular carrot cake, this recipe makes a nice
large cake so will feed the hungry hordes.
500 g carrots, peeled and grated
170 g raisins (280 ml)
150 g chopped walnuts (380 ml)
350 ml sunflower oil
4 extra-large eggs
360 g brown sugar (450 ml)
340 g cake flour (600 ml)
7 ml bicarbonate of soda
7 ml baking powder
5 ml ground cinnamon
5 ml ground allspice or mixed spice
1. Preheat oven to 190°C/170ºC fan/Gas mark 5.
2. Grate carrots in food processor on the fine grater blade.
Add raisins and nuts to carrots.
3. In the Kenwood mixer bowl place oil, eggs and brown
sugar. Use the “K” beater and mix using a low speed until
4. Use another bowl to sift the dry ingredients together.
5. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and combine.
6. Add in the carrot mixture.
7. Mix well together.
8. Prepare Bundt ring pan; grease it really well in the grooves
and fold a paper round into 8. Nip off the top point and
make 3 cuts up about 2.5 cm. Place paper over the funnel in
the middle, making a fold if necessary to get into the base of
the pan. Grease again.
9. Pour in the mixture evenly. Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, until a
toothpick comes out clean.
10. Cool. Turn out and remove cake from pan;
remove paper and place cake on serving plate.
11. Ice with cream cheese icing, and top with chopped walnuts.