Large egg whites 3
Castor sugar 250 ml
Vanilla essence 5 ml
Baking powder 10 ml
Boiling water 30 ml
1. Preheat oven to 100ºC (Gas mark ¼)
2. Using a clean dry bowl of the electric food mixer, whisk egg whites until
a soft peak is formed.
3. Add sugar spoon by spoon, slowly whisking hard all the time.
4. With the last spoon of sugar mix in the baking powder and whisk well.
5. Add in vanilla essence or vanilla bean seeds.
6. Add boiling water and mix again.
7. Place mixture into a piping bag which has been fitted with a nozzle.
8. Pipe onto baking trays which have been lined with baking paper
(not greaseproof paper).
9. Bake for 60 minutes. Leave in the oven if possible for a further 30 minutes.