Take a short cut to a great lunch or supper dish. Relax and serve with some chilled white wine.
Serves 4 – 6
6 pita breads
30 ml olive oil
1 x 300 g jar tomato pizza topping sauce
2 balls mozzarella cheese, sliced
250 g baby tomatoes, cut in half
5 ml brown sugar
Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
½ bag baby spinach or rocket leaves
1 small bunch fresh, sweet basil leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC / 200ºC fan/Gas mark 7.
2. Place pita breads onto a non-stick baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil.
3. Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, until crisper.
4. Remove baking sheet from oven, spread over pizza topping sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Arrange baby tomatoes on top.
5. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper.
6. Bake for approximately 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
7. Scatter over it the torn spinach leaves or rocket and some sweet basil.
8. Bake a further 2 – 3 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.