3 large brinjals (aubergines)
50 – 60 ml olive oil
250 ml hummus /red pepper hummus
or sun-dried tomato hummus
100 g mozzarella cheese, grated (250 ml)
- Wash brinjals and slice thinly, lengthwise.
- Brush each side with a little olive oil. Cut each slice in half length-wise.
- Heat up a George Foreman Grill or toasted- sandwich maker; place brinjal slices on the grill, and cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Place on a flat surface, spread with hummus, and top with mozzarella.
- Roll up, and secure if necessary with a toothpick.
- Place rolls onto a suitable plate, and microwave on 100% power for 4 – 5 minutes, until cheese begins to melt slightly.
- Serve immediately.
- Prepare to step 5 and set aside.
Heat in the microwave when ready to serve.
- Use leftover mushroom or red pepper pâté instead of hummus.