500 g fresh thin green beans, ends trimmed 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
3 spring onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely crushed
2 ml each sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper 125 g mozzarella cheese, torn into fairly large pieces 25 ml fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
15 ml fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
20 ml balsamic glaze
- Cook the green beans in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, until they are still firm, yet tender
and bright green, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Drain green beans in a colander and transfer to a large bowl of iced water. Allow to cool down completely.
- Drain well, and place the green beans onto a paper towel-lined baking sheet; pat dry to remove any excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, spring onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the beans into a bowl; pour the dressing over.
- Scatter mozzarella cheese over green beans. Add the mint and basil and toss again.
- Pile the mixture onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze and serve.
- Add 100 g baby tomatoes halved, in step 5.
- Replace mozzarella cheese with feta cheese.
- Add 50 g toasted, slivered almonds or pine nuts.