We love New Year’s because it’s the perfect time for a fresh start. A time to get clear on what’s working in your life, and what you want to create for the coming year.
One of our beloved teachers used to say: Well-begun is half done.
We take that to heart every new year and like to start the year with a New Year’s ritual that you may want to try yourself.
You can do this ritual by yourself or with your partner, friends or family. We love doing it with a group of friends to give it more juice.
Here’s the ritual:
- On New Year’s Day (or anytime in the first few days of the year), take out a piece of paper and write a list of everything that you want to let go of from 2020. These can include habits, behaviors, limiting beliefs, fears, physical conditions, feelings of resentment, conflicts, or thoughts that don’t serve you.
- Then thank all those items on that list for having been with you and for all the lessons learned and ways you grew from them.
- Next make a clear statement of letting go such as: “I now let go of all these things and anything else that no longer serves me and my miraculous life as I step into a glorious 2020.”
- Then gather around a fire in a fireplace and throw the paper in to be burned. If you don’t have a fireplace, you can CAREFULLY burn it in a large stainless steel bowl.
- Then speak out loud everything you’re grateful for from the past year — the joys, celebrations, accomplishments, lessons learned, and “growth” experiences. Offer those into the fire to be amplified.
- And now it’s time to call in what you’d like to bring forward in 2020—so speak out loud everything that you welcome into your vision of the New Year—the intentions, beliefs, behaviors, relationships and everything else that you will embrace. Offer those into the fire to ignite the new.
With this powerful start, you’ll be on your way to a magical, fulfilling year.
May 2020 be your year of miracles!
Sent with love,