- 2 boneless, skin on chicken breast
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Seasonal vegetables
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit
- Pat the chicken dry. Finely chop the rosemary leaves. Roughly chop garlic cloves. Prepare the seasonal vegetables.
- Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper. Add skin side down to a large ovenproof pan and place over a medium heat. Sear until the skin has browned and the fat has rendered, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to plate.
- While the chicken browns, make the sauce in a small bowl, whisk together rosemary, garlic, wine and olive oil. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Scatter the seasonal vegetables evenly around the pan from the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Flip the chicken skin-side up, nestle it into the vegetables, and pour the rosemary sauce over everything.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, 16 to 20 minutes.
Three tricks to an extra crispy chicken skin;Start cooking it skin side down in the pan, be sure its a cold pan, and don’t move it at all while its searing. Adding the chicken to a pan before it heats up helps to render the fat from the skin as slowly as possible, resulting in a potato chip worthy crunch.
Sent with Love