Oreo & peppermint crisp ice cream
- 1/2 cup Nestle caramel treat
- 250ml fresh cream, chilled
- 2 litres vanilla ice cream (not soft serve), slightly softened
- 100g Peppermint crisp chocolate, chopped into large splinters
- 8 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- 3 egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- 120g castor sugar
- In a bowl, whisk the caramel treat and cream together until fluffy and light.
- Place the ice cream in a large mixing bowl, add the caramel cream and fold through until well combined. Add half the peppermint crisp chocolate splinters and the chopped cookies. Mix to combine.
- Transfer the ice cream to a lined loaf tin and freeze overnight.
- For the meringue, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until frothy. Add the sugar one spoonful at a time, beating well between each addition until the meringue is glossy and the sugar, incorporated.
- Un-mould the ice cream onto a serving plate and pile the remaining chocolate splinters on top. Cover the top and sides with the meringue. Using a blow torch, scorch until golden. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe from www.bibbyskitchenat36.com!