– 1 small aubergine, sliced lengthways
– 3 tbsp olive oil
– 4 sheets filo pastry
– 1-2 roasted peppers from a jar, patted dry and torn into chunks
– 50g soft goat’s cheese
– 120g Philadelphia Garlic and Herbs
– 6 chives, snipped into thirds
1. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush both sides of the aubergine slices with a little oil, then season and cook on a griddle until charred and really soft.
2. Take each filo sheet in turn and brush with more of the oil. Fold over on itself to layer up until you have a roughly 12 x 24cm rectangle, then snip in half into two rough squares, and press each square into a hole of a muffin tin. Repeat to use all of the filo, and line 8 tin holes.
3. Fill each tart with some red pepper, 1 tsp of goat’s cheese and the aubergine slices, alternating the layers so each tart is different.
4. Bake for 8-12 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
5. Once cool, spoon a nice dollop of the Philadelphia on top of each tart, and finish by crossing two chive pieces on top of each other.