This recipe is from our special friend, Anne Marie Chelin. We wish you good company with which to share this simple, yet memorable meal.
Serves 4 as a light meal, or starter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 60 ml chopped flat-leafed parsley
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 20 medium sized prawns, shelled
- 200 g penne pasta (500 ml)
- 15 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 ml butter
- 1 small onion, nely chopped 250 ml frozen peas, thawed 250 ml dry white wine (optional)
- Place garlic, parsley and 30 ml olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add the prawns; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil; add salt, to taste.
- Add the pasta, and cook according to the directions on the bag (usually 10 – 12 minutes).
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a heavy-based frying pan; sauté the onion over medium-heat, until translucent. Add the prawns, with the marinade and peas; stir for 30 seconds.
- Turn up the heat; cook until prawns turn pink, and moisture is reduced by about half. Check the seasoning.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan.
- Stir gently; serve immediately in either heated bowls, or on large-rimmed plates.
Sent with Love