Deliciously light, super simple and easy gluten-free ricotta fritters, with silky, fragrant, chocolate-orange sauce.
Serves 6 -8 or 20 as a taster
- 100 g fresh ricotta cheese
- 40 g gluten-free plain our blend (or wheat cake our) (90 ml) Pinch of xanthan gum (leave out if using wheat cake our)
- 5 ml baking powder
- 10 ml vanilla-bean paste (or extract)
- 1 large egg
- 15 ml castor sugar caster and castor are both correct; however, consistency must prevail.
- Cooking oil, for frying
- 125 ml cream
- 75 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces Pinch ground cinnamon
- Juice and rind of one orange
- To make the fritters, place the ricotta cheese, gluten-free our (with xanthan gum), or plain our (no xanthan gum), baking powder, vanilla-bean paste, egg, and sugar, into a mixing bowl and stir together with a silicone or wooden spoon until well combined.
- In a small, deep saucepan/electric frying pan or deep-fat fryer heat about 2-3 cm of canola oil, until a piece of the ricotta mixture bubbles and oats to the surface when added.
- Using two teaspoons, drop teaspoonfuls of the batter into the oil, and cook for about a minute. 4. They will turn a beautiful golden brown, tipping over in the oil by themselves.
- Remove the fritters, and drain brie y on paper towels; continue until all the batter is cooked. 6. To make the chocolate sauce simply melt all the ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Alternatively, place in a bowl in the microwave and cook on 100% power for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring each minute.
- Serve warm, with whole strawberries.
Equipment: Scale, measuring cups and spoons, spoon, silicone or wooden spoon, spatula, mixing bowl, saucepans, metal slotted spoon or lifter, oven gloves, paper towel, bowl for sauce if melting in the microwave, whisk, serving platter, toothpicks, serviettes
Sent with Love