Roasted Baby Tomato & Camembert Starter
Perfect as a pre-drink snack, as a starter or for a book club.
Serves 4 – 6
2 x tubs firm red baby tomatoes, the redder the better 60 ml olive oil
45 ml fresh basil, chopped
45 – 60 ml sweet chilli sauce
1 Camembert cheese round Fresh basil for garnish
- Place baby tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil into a large, flat ovenproof dish. Toss to coat well.
- Bake in an oven at 200oC/180oC fan/ Gas mark 6 for approximately 20 minutes.
- Plate drained tomatoes on an ovenproof platter and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce. Arrange unwrapped Camembert cheese in the centre.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes until cheese is soft and runny and tomatoes are turning slightly sticky.
- Garnish with more fresh basil.
- Serve with ciabatta, crostini or French bread to dunk into the delicious juices.
- Use cream cheese in place of Camembert, but do not cook cream cheese. Arrange tomatoes around cream cheese and drizzle with pesto of your choice.
- Serve with Melba toast or biscuits if preferred.