Perfect as a pre-drink snack, as a starter or for a book club.
Serves 4 – 6
2 x tubs firm red baby tomatoes, the redder the better
60 ml olive oil
45 ml fresh basil, chopped
45 – 60 ml sweet chilli sauce
1 Camembert cheese round
Fresh basil for garnish
1. Place baby tomatoes, olive oil and fresh basil into a large, flat ovenproof dish. Toss to coat well.
2. Bake in an oven at 200ºC/180ºC fan/ Gas mark 6 for approximately 20 minutes.
3. Plate drained tomatoes on an ovenproof platter and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce. Arrange unwrapped Camembert cheese in the centre.
4. Bake for a further 10 minutes until cheese is soft and runny and tomatoes are turning slightly sticky.
5. Garnish with more fresh basil.
6. Serve with ciabatta, crostini or French bread to dunk into the delicious juices.
• Use cream cheese in place of Camembert, but do not cook cream cheese. Arrange tomatoes around cream cheese and drizzle with pesto of your choice.
• Serve with Melba toast or biscuits if preferred.