Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
Serves 6 – 8
1 x medium butternut, peeled and cut into tiny cubes 6 x courgettes, cut into tiny cubes
2 x red peppers, cut into small squares
1 x yellow pepper, cut into small squares
1 large brinjal, cut into small cubes 4 onions, chopped
50 ml olive oil
100 g butter or margarine (100 ml) 100 g cake flour (180 ml)
1 litre low-fat milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 x box pre-cooked lasagne sheets
100 g grated Cheddar and/or Parmesan cheese
50 ml fresh breadcrumbs
1 x packet black olives, de-pipped and cut into pieces (optional)
- Roast all the vegetables together, drizzled with olive oil for 40 minutes at 200oC/180oC fan/ Gas mark 6.
- Make a béchamel sauce with butter or margarine, flour, milk and seasoning.
- In a large rectangular or square greased oven-proof dish, layer a little sauce, lasagne sheets and roasted vegetables.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with a layer of sauce.
- Top with cheese, breadcrumbs and olives.
- Bake for 35 – 45 minutes at 180oC/160oC fan/ Gas mark 4 until golden brown and cooked through.